Montessori Academy Group Pty Ltd respects your privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Personal information is any information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or not and whether in material form or not.
Collection of your personal information
Montessori Academy Group may collect and hold personal information about you and your family in order to provide early childhood education, childcare and associated services. We will only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for us to perform the services you have requested from us, or to consider your application, or as required or authorised by law or a court order.
The personal information we may collect includes your name, contact details (including address and email address, phone numbers), date of birth, gender, and Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN).
Sensitive personal information includes information concerning religion, racial, ethnic origin, political opinions or other beliefs, union affiliation or activities, health, sexuality, criminal administrative proceedings or sanctions. Montessori Academy Group will not collect sensitive personal information except with your consent or as required by law.
Children and families
The personal information of your child or children that may be collected includes name, date of birth, gender, address, and CRN.
If you consent, we may also collect health information about your child/children, including immunisation history, doctor’s name and contact details, allergies, medical conditions (including medications, treatments and management plan) and Medicare number.
If you consent, we may also collect information about your child/children’s cultural background, languages spoken, likes and interests, parental or court order relating to protection needs, and any special requirements (for example, religious, cultural or dietary requirements or needs, custody arrangements or parenting orders, disability information).
Subject to your express consent, we may capture information and learning progress records and images of your child, including photos, video and audio.
If you do not provide us with certain personal information or sensitive information, Montessori Academy Group may be unable to perform its functions and/or provide you with the services or support you request. Please be aware that as an education and care provider, Montessori Academy Group is required to collect some personal information under law, including education and care services legislation, family assistance legislation, and public health legislation.
Job seekers and childcare professionals
For jobseekers and childcare professionals seeking employment with the Montessori Academy Group, we may collect your name, email, contact number, details of our preferred Montessori Academy position and location, your qualifications, years of work experience, residency, ability to work in Australia, and whether you have certain licenses or training (including Working with Children checks, a current driver’s licence).
When you come to our website (www.montessoriacademy.com.au) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website pages visited immediately before coming to our site, pages viewed while browsing the website, page access times and referring website address. This information is non-personally identifiable information and used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
There are also many aspects of our website which can be viewed without providing personal information. However, for access to future Montessori Academy Group customer support features you are required to submit personal information. This may include but is not limited to your unique username and password, or provide sensitive information in the recovery of your lost password.
How we collect your personal information
Montessori Academy Group collects personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you interact with us electronically, by phone or in person, when you access our website, when you submit an application for a job or enrolment, by correspondence, or when we provide our services to you and your family.
We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions we run (either directly or through our marketing agents), provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us, including through social media platforms, written communication or our enquiries line.
Use of your personal information
Montessori Academy Group may use your personal information to perform our functions and for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information and updates about Montessori Academy Group, including the services we provide and the employment opportunities available;
- to process your product or service order, enquiries, or applications for enrolments or jobs;
- to provide our early childhood education, our Early Years Learning Program, and associated services;
- to provide you with updates about your child or children (including through the KeptMe Family Communication App, if you told us you have registered with this platform);
- to make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities (including job opportunities) available to you;
- communication and marketing through internal communications, our Website and other marketing materials;
- to invite you to information sessions; and
- to improve our products and services, and better understand your needs.
Montessori Academy Group may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, SMS or mail.
The non-identifiable personal information that is collected from website visits is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at this website.
Disclosure of your personal information
Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services, or unless authorised or required by law.
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions or customer freight shipping. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. Montessori Academy Group takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request. Where we reasonably believe there is a risk of harm to a child, we may disclose personal information about you or your child to child protection agencies or family support agencies.
We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Montessori Academy Group, www.montessoriacademy.com.au, its customers or third parties.
Montessori Academy Group stores and processes the personal information that it holds in Australia only and does not disclose this to parties located in countries outside of Australia.
If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
We will seek your prior consent before disclose your personal information or your child’s personal information to family support, agencies, or medical professionals (unless authorised or required by law). In emergency situations, and we are unable to contact you, we may disclosure personal information to emergency services or a medical practitioner.
We may from time to time send you information relating to our early childhood education, childcare and associated services, promotions or of products or services that we reasonably think may be of interest to you. In addition, we may run promotions (directly or through our marketing agencies). This may include surveys where participants can voluntarily submit their customer feedback for the chance to win a $100 gift card.*
Monthly Feedback Survey T&Cs
To enter Montessori Academy’s monthly feedback survey giveaway, participants must complete one or more of the following: (1) Tour Feedback Survey, (2) Orientation Experience Survey, or (3) Lost Opportunity Feedback Survey.
- This feedback survey promotion is open to Australian residents aged 18+, except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies.
- The promotion period occurs once per month and runs from the first day of the given month 12:01AM AEST until the last day of the given month at 11:59PM AEST.
- One (1) monthly winner will be selected at random, cross checked against our customer database (to verify eligibility) and notified via email.
- The winner must acknowledge acceptance of their prize within one (1) week of the email notification, or a new winner will be re-drawn.
- The winner will receive a $100 virtual gift card from a retail group or brand-partner as nominated by Montessori Academy.
- The prize is non-transferable, and the winner assumes all liability for events that may arise in any way out of the promotion.
- The Promoter will not disclose your personal information to third parties except for prize suppliers or contractors as required.
- This promotion first commenced on 1st September 2020.
- Montessori Academy reserves the right to amend or cease this promotion at our discretion.
We will provide you with a way of opting out of receiving direct marketing messages or you can let us know by getting in contact with us using the details set out below.
Early Bird Waiting List Terms & Conditions
To give families the greatest opportunity of securing a future enrolment at a Montessori Academy opening soon near you, families may join the Early Bird Waitlist ahead of the centre opening for free (normally $50).
- I understand that Montessori Academy is unable to guarantee an enrolment position, preferred attendance schedule, or expected start date prior to an enrolment position becoming available.
- I understand that an enrolment position cannot be confirmed without the completion of a campus tour.
- I understand that a minimum of three days attendance, including a Monday or Friday, is required for children over two years unless otherwise agreed upon enrolment.
- I understand that fees must be paid from the date of availability of a place once I confirm my child’s enrolment.
- I understand that Montessori Academy allocates positions in accordance with the Priority of Access Guidelines.
- I understand that the centre fees quoted may change prior to my child’s commencement date at the centre.
- I understand that as of January 2018 children who are unvaccinated due to their parent’s conscientious objection can no longer be enrolled in child care.
- I understand that New Centre opening dates and enrolment positions are subject to Service Approval from the Department of Education.
Third party sites
Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Montessori Academy Group is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
Security of your personal information
Montessori Academy Group is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
We will not keep health information any longer than what is necessary and will securely dispose of it.
If we find that we no longer require or have further need of your Personal Information, we may de-identify it or remove it from our systems and destroy all record of it .
Accessing and correcting your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know using the details set out below. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Montessori Academy Group reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
If you believe any personal information we hold about you or your child/children is inaccurate or out of date, please let us knowcontact us so that we can update the information in our systems.
Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaint to 60-70 Parramatta Road, Summer Hill, NSW 2130, Australia. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
Call: 1300 000 162
Montessori Academy Group Pty Ltd
60 – 70 Parramatta Road
Summer Hill NSW 2130
Last updated: 26 August 2020
Website development by The Spotted Dog